Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Summer Essentials

Who wants a bummer of a summer?

Not me, definitely.

Summer could get really lame if you're not ready for it. Sunburn, damaged hair, swimsuit malfunctions or wardrobe freak shows?! Tell me about it. The list could go on like forever. You wouldn't want to ruin your stint in the most vibrant season of the year, would you?

So before my first shenanigan with the scorching summer sun, I am jotting down a list of my summer must-haves.

Here goes...

1. Who wants to go swimming without a swimsuit on? Unless one chooses to go skinny dipping, I can't find a single reason not to wear a swimsuit. I am loving this red separate from RYGY Sport specifically because of its gold heart buckle detail. So classy yet so sexy. Holler me when you see one just like this!

www.swimwearboutique.com

2. The summer dress, of course. Aside from the common summer outfit of shorts and sleeveless tops, it would be so swell to glam it up a bit with a summer dress. Florals are phenomenal favorites during the summer season. So with the right floral dress on, you can never go wrong.

www.floralcoordinates.uk.org

3. The magic that is SUNBLOCK. This product has evolved from being just a "kikay" essential to a "health" product. You'll be spending a whole lot of time under the sun, so apply those magic sunblock to avoid the horror that is skin cancer. Nasty.

I'm still gonna swear by Nivea. It has blocked the sun for me for quite some time now. The higher the spf number, the better.

www.images.chemistdirect.co.uk

4. Summer is fun and vibrant. So load up on accessories to match up the vibe! To add extra sizzle to the basic wardrobe, good accessorizing is the answer.


www.katyelliott.com

www.helenem.com

5. The SPIRIT OF SUMMER! Well, all that I have mentioned above will have no bearing if you don't have the spirit of summer with you. Summer is all about relaxation and FUN, FUN, FUN! If you don't have it in you to really be in the mood for fun (depends on what fun means to you though), then you can't really enjoy the summer sun.


I'm getting pretty lazy so that's what I will have for now. Enjoy the sun everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment