Monday, December 21, 2009
Kingdom Hospital and Consulting Clinics.
This is where the magic and the toxicity's at. In better days, I can talk to my colleagues in the Emergency room. In not so better days, I barely see them even if we're on the same shift because of the crowd of patients. Regardless of patient-full or patient-less days, working at KHCC ER makes me happy. It gives me a sense of fulfillment despite the leg cramps after every shift (lol).
So here's a shoutout to my workmates, our doctors and our patients! Cheers! :)
KH Photos by: Angela Bernardo
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
It's been 3 months since I last posted on this site. The icky feeling of not being able to write on my blog for the longest time was so overwhelming. Not that my blog is special or anything, but ionno, I just miss it.
Moving on to the brighter side of things, we finally have our own internet line! So expect more baloneys on this site in the next 2 to 3 years. lol!
Anyhoos, I'm writing from the other side of the world. In case you didn't know, I'm currently based in Riyadh. Not that it's the most amazing place in the world, but geez, I like it here! The thought of staying here for 3 years doesn't scare me at all.
Some of the many reasons why I think I'm liking it here (In no particular order):
1. The infrastructures are just amazing! The houses, in particular are just jaw-dropping.
2. Contrary to popular belief that Saudis aren't that "nice", well yeah, they are not nice because they are very, very nice. I'm speaking based on experience, not just on mere hearsay.
3. Other than Saudis, the people I work with in the hospital who are of different nationalities are really supportive. I just wish that I could say the same thing for Filipinos in general, who are so fond of the crab's mentality. Don't get me wrong though, the Filipinos I work with are super-duper supportive. I owe to them a part of my professional growth. And of course, my mentor is simply the best. =)
4. I have the best roommate ever - Naisa! We jive well with things relating to shopping (She's the -holic one), sleeping and blabbing. She cooks really well that's why my tummy's always happy. Too bad for her, I can't cook as well as she does. Boo. ;)
5. Riyadh has malls sprouting all over. Even if I don't get to shop really often, window shopping and food tripping really makes my trip to the mall fulfilling.
6. The sun is literally bigger to look at from this side of the earth! I swear! =)
7. Fast food (KFC, McDonalds, Herfy, etc.) value meals are HUUUUUGGEEE in size! So huge, I can drown in them! Hahaha.
8. No TRAFFIC! Wee! It's transpo-ville haven! Too bad though, women can't drive here.
9. The miracle of a water heater in the accomodation is just sooo glorious, especially this winter time. Brrrr..
10. Jarir Bookstore! I love, love, love it!
So this is basically me and Riyadh. You'll hear more about it in my upcoming blogs. I'm smiling as I'm writing this. Geez, I think I'm in love with the place already. ;)