Sunday, March 8, 2009

My American Idol Picks

I started watching American Idol when I saw Carrie Underwood auditioned for its fourth season. My eyes were glued and the rest was history.

Now, the top 13 (first time in AI history) of season 8 will start their head to head battle for the top spot this week. The past week was a struggle and you can just imagine my relief when Paula Abdul said "NO" to Tatiana del Toro (finally!). Man, the girl can sing but her brimming drama just annoys me to death.

Well, here's to wishing my Top 3 bets GOOD LUCK!!!


ANOOP DESAI
- A-noop Doggy Dogg is my bet for the top spot. Duh, choosing him is a no-brainer. The guy was born to sing. What I liked the most about him is that he sings popular music. His rendition of "My Prerogative" just blew me away. I got the chance to check out his pre-idol performances via youtube and boy, AMAZING! Try checking out their group's "Kiss,Kiss" acapella performace. Wtg Anoop!


DANNY GOKEY - This man has a slight resemblance to David Cook. But it's not the reason I
noticed Danny Gokey. Sure, his story was heart-gripping but come on, the guy is a winner! He has this distinct presence about him and everytime he sings a song, it makes you feel you are drifting in a sea of emotions. Too bad his bestfriend Jamar didn't make it to the finals. It would have been interesting to see them both taking the stage.


LIL ROUNDS
- What can I say? This girl never ceases to take the house down everytime she performs. She has character and an amazingly good voice. She performs like a pro and gets everyone going whoah! So, 3 thumbs up to you Lil!



I'd be happy to see any of them clinch the title. I just wish they keep their feets and voices steady. Competition is tough and we all know that.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen American Idol before, as strange as that sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really now?! well, i'm not gonna say that you are missing a huge chunk of pop culture history. lol. but you gotta see it for once girl. :)

    ReplyDelete