Sunday, July 19, 2009

*Promdi in Manila*




I never knew that Employer interviews take forever to finish. I spent two days of waiting in line from 8am to 8pm, missing lunch and pretending to be just all smiles. Ack! It is agony at its very best.

After 2 weeks of flying to and fro Manila, I'm finally done with the hard parts (exams, interviews and all that). So for now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The good part during my first week was being able to see J and made up for lost time. Did the things we usually do like dine out and watch a movie or two. Boy, do i miss the guy. Except for the visible weight loss, J was still his same old self.

Regardless of J staying in Manila or not, I am not staying there. It's not that I don't like it or something. The promdi in me will always have to take charge. The hustle-bustle of Manila life is way too much for me. It is such a frustration to see Manila Bay gone black, the floating garbage flooded by the afternoon rain and some guy running away with someone else's bag on hand. Well I guess this has become an ordinary sight for people who lives in this city. I just wish more and more NGO's and GO's will work on these problems. There is still a huge chance for change.

Manila is not difficult a city for one to love. It will just take a solid, individual/group effort for this city to be as beautiful as it used to be.

Dang, this Promdi is now down with fever and flu as she writes this. Manila stress and weak immune system, I supposed. Boo. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment